Saturday, October 31, 2009

Chemo Once Again

Greetings!

Mom started chemo again last week. Just like last time, her treatments will be every three weeks and blood work every week. I know it was a disappointment to find out that mom's cancer is back and active. We can't explain why this may have happened. I can examine it to the best of my knowledge but ultimately it comes down to my faith. As a christian it's all or nothing, I need to put all my trust in the Lord even when I don't understand. This doesn't mean I don't have emotions; just that I can go to a place of peace. I don't fear what this world can do to me, I don't fear that mom has cancer because she has Jesus.

I love this scripture: Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

So mom's body may die of lung cancer...but her spirit will live for all of eternity. That is exciting stuff!

Now...Jesus spoke of something very important in that scripture,"be afraid of the One who can destroy both body and soul in hell." He alone, God alone determines our destiny. My life is in His hands. To go on in verse 32 it says "whoever acknowledges me before men, I will acknowledge him before my Father in heaven." Verse 33 says "But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven."

So I have to ask myself: Am I ashamed of my relationship with Jesus? Do I follow Christ with my whole heart? Am I obedient to His will, His Word, His way? Do I deny Jesus in His full glory? Do I acknowledge Him? Do I acknowledge Him?..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hany in there Mary Jane. God is in control. I'll keep praying for you everyday. I love you. Kathy P