Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Pill

It has been very difficult to blog when the weather has been so nice! I want to update you on mom. Last week she started a new chemo pill. This is a clinical trail, she is 1 out of 150 people testing this new pill. It has been one week and so far so good! Her blood work came back great today and she has had no side effects.

Mom planted her garden and it's looking great, her radishes are coming up already. It has been a beautiful sight watching her go outside and breath in the fresh air! To see her smiling and enjoying the warm weather has been special for both of us.

Lucky has been enjoying the good weather too, as he is always trying to get outside now!

I praise God that He has healed my mother and I would praise Him even if that wasn't the outcome. Our life is literally in His hands. We have no control even if we tried. It's an awesome feeling to give your life over to Him completely. What peace and joy He brings. I was not made for this world but for eternity and when I came to understand that my purpose was not for the here and now but for eternity; God began to change my heart. This world is a vapor, a flash before our eyes...gone in a blink! This moment we have here on earth determines our everlasting future with Jesus. (or without Him) What we do now in this very short time matters. We can either summit on our own accord or that will be done for us on the day Christ returns.

Romans 14:11 It is written:
'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God that Jesus Christ is Lord.'


I pray that you would decide today, right now to cling to what is good, our Lord and Savior Jesus. Allow God to begin a good work in you for His Kingdom, for His purpose, for His glory.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I AM HAPPY TO HEAR THAT MARY JANE IS ENJOYING THE FRESH WARM AIR.MY EGG PLANTS ARE ABOUT 2 INCHES HIGH IN THE PEAT POTS I PLANTED THEM IN, I ALSO PLANTED SOME OUT BY CAROL&VERNS. MY RED PEPPERS ARE ABOUT THE SAME SIZE IN THE POTS. I WILL HAVE TO COME OVER ONE OF THESE WEEKENDS TO SEE HER GARDEN.MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU MARY AND YOUR FAMILY. LOVE SHARON