Thursday, April 9, 2009

Give Him A Chance

Last chemo treatment! Mom received her last chemo treatment yesterday, April 8, 2009. She will have her lab, CT, bone scan and MRI on the 22nd to determine what is happening in her body. This is always a nervous time for us. We are praying for God’s healing touch but also trust that mom’s life is in His hands. Mom seems to be in good spirits and she is looking forward to the warmer months ahead.

Our family just recently went on vacation to visit family in Iowa so Pam came to spend time with mom and apparently they did a lot of shopping!!! And they went to the movies and had a great time together.

I love that we are into the Easter celebration season. This is what our salvation is all about. We have a Father who loves us so much that he sent His only Son for us. Jesus came and lived a perfect life, without Sin but yet He took our sin, our shame and was crucified so we could have eternal life.

A short time ago I was questioned about my faith and why God is worthy of my submission and obedience to Him. It was a great conversation, but it got me thinking… I am a follower of Jesus and as a follower He deserves all of me. As Christians I think we may fall short in the time we give Him, what’s due Him. We can’t just say we are Christians without action. If we are not spending time EVERYDAY in God’s presence we are saying and doing the same thing people who don’t have a relationship with Him. We are showing God that He is not worthy of our time. Way too often we think it’s about ourselves and what rights we have but in truth we are nothing without God. God is worthy of my Praise and Worship and Why? His word, the bible tells us unmistakably that He is Worthy. You can also read it in a book “Worship Is…What?” By Tom Kraeuter.

God is worthy of our worship because:

1. He is God ~ Psalm 95:7
2. He Commands it ~ Psalm 148: 1:3 & John 4:23:24
3. He is Worthy ~ Psalm 18:3
4. For His Faithfulness ~ Psalm 100:5
5. For His Love ~ 2 Chronicles 20:21
6. For His Greatness ~ Psalm 95:3
7. For His Salvation ~ Psalm 27:1
8. For His Mighty Deeds ~ Psalm 145:4-6
9. For His Holiness ~ Psalm 99:3,5
10. For His Creation ~ Rev. 4:11
11. For His Power ~ Rev. 11:17
12. For His Miracles ~ Matthew 9:8


I desire to have a more intimate and deeper relationship with Jesus. There is hope in Him. He gave us life and breath…I don’t claim to know it all and God is still changing me and molding me and I don’t want to stay the same, I hunger and thirst for more of Him in my life. I have had a lot of suffering in my life…I had a mother who was an alcoholic, a father an over the road truck driver, I was abandon by my family so as a teen I spent most of my time in foster homes, shelter homes, halfway houses, group homes, jail, treatment centers for drugs. I was raped countless times, placed a baby up for adoption, lost a baby 4 years ago…my mother has a critical illness…the list can go on…What I hope that you get from my short story is that in all that brokenness and hurt, God healed me and gave me an everlasting future with Him. He spoke truth and life back into me. He can and will work in your life, ask seek knock and the door shall be open to you.

I know some of you are going through things I am not and maybe I will never encounter what you are facing. Maybe you are angry and don’t understand why a God so amazing would ever let anything like that happen to you or maybe you don’t believe in Him at all. There’s a lot of questions to be answered, open His bible…He’s available to you wherever your at. Give Him a chance to help you, what can it hurt?

For some reason I can't get the link to work by just clicking on it, please copy and paste into your address bar. It's a beautiful song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT-TG79htPg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara, this is your cousin Kathy Paradise. Just wanted you to know that I really enjoy your blog. I want to say hi to MaryJane and tell her that I love her very much. She's always in my prayers. Thank you MaryJane for all the Birthday cards and gifts youv'e given me over the years. I truly appreciated them. Have a great day. Love, Kathy

Tara said...

Thank you Kathy for your kind words, they are appreciated. Mom is sleeping now but I will let her know in the morning. Have a Happy Easter! Love Tara

Tracie said...

So glad you & Pam came to see us, Mary Jane! I sent the pica I took to Tara's page on Walgreens so you can see them. You are looking good and we miss you lots! Take care & God bless! Tracie