Saturday, February 21, 2009

Humility

What a day…

A little crazy, a little backwards…anyway that’s what I was doing when I got stuck in the snow going reverse in a friend’s long and winding driveway at night.

So it’s dark and it just freshly snowed and it was the first time I was even in their driveway but I thought I could do it. Well…to my humility I needed to be rescued.

I got to thinking on the way home; I am a good driver. As a matter of fact I can drive in reverse pretty good! Not to boast, really! I was mortified.

So I’m talking to God on the way home...and He showed me what I needed. Sometimes we’ve done something so many times that we think we can do it well and without help but without God we are nothing. The fact that it was at night reminds me that in the darkness we can stumble and fall. Jesus is the light. I think God intended for me to get stuck to show me that I need to take the more humble road. When we are humble; we don’t have selfish motives; there’s no room for conceit or pride. Humility gives us an opportunity to grow.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life

Romans 1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual[a] act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


So you think that would be it today but no…we had a gas leak in one of our furnaces and about 2 hours later the gas guy knocked at our door to tell us our meter outside had a break. So we had the windows open and the heat shut off while it was being fixed. Thank you Jesus for keeping us safe.

The best part of our day was traveling to Tracy’s baby shower that was put on by Aunt Sharon and Nicole. It was really nice, they did a wonderful job!

Mom is doing good…her hair has started to fall out due to chemo. Her scalp is tender and hurts to the touch. She picked out a beautiful wig. It looks really nice. I know that losing her hair has been difficult. I wanted to shave my head in support but mom was not in agreement. Wouldn’t that be fun though if we all shaved our heads for her?

So the day is finally over…Goodnight!
Pictures at the baby shower

Pictures taken February 11, 2009



No comments: