Sunday, February 8, 2009

Endurance

Endurance

It’s easy to give up and sometimes temptation gets the best of us but hopefully we hold on to what is true and we never get tired of doing good and what is right in God’s sight.
As I watch my mother go through cancer and chemo where her body is failing her, I pray for her to press on in her faith. I see her body worn out and weary with exhaustion and I know that when your body is weak it’s more difficult to be spiritually strong. So I pray for endurance. I pray for my mother and for our family to stand on God’s word, to seek His promises and speak out His truth. I pray that our thoughts will be of one sound and one mind. I understand that we will have challenging days, already we have faced so many. But let us continue to give praise to our Father! My request as you pray for mom is that you pray for me too; first as a daughter of the King and second as a daughter of a woman whom in these last few months I’ve come to admire; her inner strength and beauty has been a gift to me.

When I wake in the morning and when I go to sleep I have been asking God “What can I do to change for you Lord?” If I am diligent in my obedience to God; that will help me as a Christian, wife, mother, daughter, friend, a member of a great church, a leader, a neighbor and so on…If I endure... then I will be encouraged to carry on, sometimes through suffering but there is a blessing when our faith remains strong. So what ever you are going through, what ever you are facing, whatever seems to unbearable, remember that God gives you the strength to endure. Suffering allows God to work in us.

It’s been 4 days since mom’s first chemo treatment. She’s having some minor side effects but for the most part she is doing well. Will you stand firm with me for healing over my mom and for endurance in her spiritual walk with Jesus. Thank you and bless you!

Thank you for your comments, e-mails and letters. Something so simple means so much to mom.

Please listen to this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaHmiFaX_pk&feature=channel_page

Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
Hebrews 3:14 We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first
James 1:12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI TARA & MARY, TARA YOU ARE ALWAYS IN OUR PRAYS HERE AND WITH SOME OF MY BIBLE CLASS LADIES PRAYING FOR YOU AND MARY. I LIKE THAT SONG AS I HEAR IT ON THE RADIO STATION OUT OF MILIDORE. I ALSO LIKE STOP THE WORLD THAT HE SINGS. MARY WAS VERY SPIRITUALLY STRONG FRIDAY AND I ADMIRE HER ALSO FOR THAT. I AM SORRY TO HEAR SHE HAS SOME DISCOMFORT. TAKE TIME OUT FOR YOURSELF TARA TO RENEW YOUR STRENGTH ALSO. GODS BLESSINGS AUNT SHARON