Sunday, March 15, 2009

Come Back To Me


The nurse called last week to share with mom that she has a low white blood count, Neutropenia. She needs to be very careful not to be around anyone sick; which is hard to do right now, so many people are sick. Mom has a sinus infection that she is trying to fight as well.

We had a lot of visitors in the last week. Cindy and Kathy; mom’s friends from work came on Friday and presented her with a beautiful gift. Mom received The Above and Beyond Regional Winner along with The Above and Beyond Certificate of Achievement Award and a check. Mom has been so blessed by her place of employment. I have been so amazed with them myself; I just can’t believe all the wonderful things everyone has done for mom. It’s unbelievable! Tracie made a beautiful tribute for her too! Thank you! Thank you!

My sister Pam and her husband Sheldon showed up for a surprise visit on Saturday…Even I was shocked! I usually know everything! Ha Ha

Today…my sister Connie came with her gang…AND my brother Mike will be visiting tomorrow. SO we have been very busy with company!

Last week mom had been struggling, to me she seemed depressed. Through her tears and my tears I found out she hadn’t been in God’s word. It had been over a week since she read the bible and in her words she felt like she was rotting away. The term rotting away means to decay, to decompose…that’s what satan wants but…

God wants us to be alive in Him. There is life in Christ! A freedom…We need to stay active for God, serving the Lord with spiritual fervor, passion and eagerness. We all fall short. I have been in that position too many times and prefer not to go backwards again and when I don’t give God the time he deserves because He is worthy of my time, I feel it, He convicts me of my sin. God has revealed to me that I need to submit, be humble and repent.

Here’s some scripture that will help you come back to Him, He’s waiting…

Romans 3:23-24 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer

Ezekiel 37:23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding,
and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.


1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.


Mom's reading again! Praise God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary & Tara & family, Threw the Grace of God he watched over me and did not let me slip away last Thursday night. I have become totaly depended on Jesus for the last two years and these last few months i have been hit with alot and Jesus has been there every step of the way. Mary i say to you that if i can manage to read but one verse a day and dwell on that verse all day you can do it also. Take one step at a time you are and will do great things for Our Lord and i feel that in my spirit. I am so happy about all your achievements where you had worked. God allowed you to do great work for him in that nursing home, you took care of the sick and that is part of being a christian. Everyone feels down and depressed at times but you are a daughter of God you can go to him for help, you can talk to him openly and he will listen. I just want you to know how proud i am of my big sister.

Anonymous said...

The new hair is gorgeous Auntie! You look so pretty with it...
Tara, you are a rock...and inspirational to read about. Love you all, Sherry (Paradise-Hardy)