Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Journey


The journey…

Yesterday mom found out her cancer spread in her right lung, 50% bigger from her last pet scan taken at the end of November. Not the news we were hoping for…Mom thought for sure God had healed her from lung cancer. She prays everyday for healing. I felt sad for her, she had such high hopes. As a Christian I believe in God’s great healing power. I also believe in God’s will not mine. I know this is not great news but I see that God has already healed my mother spiritually. And I praise God for His tender mercy.

Mom had to get a MRI done today, praying that the cancer has not gone to the brain.

She decided to start chemo; first she’ll meet with a surgeon next week to put a port under her skin so she doesn’t have to keep getting poked and prodded. Chemo will be 6 hours every three weeks for 3-4 months. This will not cure her only shrink or delay the cancer. The diagnosis remains the same. The radiation did work in her pelvic area and shrunk that significantly. That’s why she has been feeling so good.

Please continue in your prayers, God is listening.

Psalm 73:24-26 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary Jane you glow among your daughters. Sharon

Anonymous said...

Mary Jane, you and your daughters are beautiful. What a testimony to faithful prayer you are! Connie